Saturday, July 01, 2006

South Africa 1 Team

Clint and I drove down from Durban and just made it to see the SA team in Joburg at the airport, here's the team! :)

Sara, Kerry & I :)

It was so great seeing them! It's been over 6 months since we left the states, so seeing the team was like a breath of "home" away from home in Hillcrest. It's weird how now Hillcrest feels like home (so much so that I was sad to leave it when we visited Joburg) but LA is home too. I've been listening to Derek Webb lately from his latest "Mockingbird"...and these words have hit me "But my first allegiance is not to a flag, to a country or a man. My first allegiance is not to democracy or blood, its to a King and a Kingdom" and to quote Paul "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." Phil 3:20

No comments: