Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving thanks

So this is the first year of my life I didn't eat turkey on Thanksgiving. Other years here in SA we'd go to other American missionaries for Thanksgiving, but this year Clint had a teaching opportunity that couldn't be passed up at a local school on Thanksgiving night, so we didn't celebrate it with a meal. Instead I did some crafts with the kids, and talked about thankfulness with Noah. We memorized "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good" Psalm 106:1 (well, he could repeat it after me anyway!)
We did a turkey craft where Noah put all the parts of the turkey together, and he'd say "gobble gobble!"

Showing of his little turkey
That morning we made an Indian headband, he loved this! Sorry I didn't get photos of him making it, but he loved putting the triangles on and the "fedders"
He made Autumn a little baby one too.
Little papoose
He'd run around going "woo wooo wooo"
This year I am very thankful for our little family and for all the Lord's goodness to us!
"Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!"
Psalm 107:15

No comments: