Sunday, September 14, 2008

16 weeks, and a happy "bump"

So I guess what all the baby experts say is true, that your tummy "remembers" being pregnant and the happy little bump presents itself a little sooner than with your first. I'm now at that awkward stage of maternity clothes fall off, but my own are a little bit snug. But its way exciting to see a little bump knowing whats inside, and that all the sicky afternoons are worth it. I've been a little more emotional this pregnancy. Yesterday I was listening to a "City on a Hill" CD and a song came on about Abraham sacrificing Isaac and how the Lord made "another way" (i.e. immediately the ram instead of Isaac, but then in the future for us the sacrifice of His Son rather than our death required for sin). I was on the floor rough and tumbling with Noah when the song came on, and just thinking about what faith Abraham must have had to willingly obey in offering up Isaac made me burst into tears as I was looking on the happy face of my own little boy. Noah just looked at me like....what is going on mommy? :)
We find out on Sept 23 if Noah is going to have a brother or sister...why can't it be sooner?

3 comments:

H said...

You're such a beautiful pregnant woman :) I love your 'bump'. Can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or girl.

Abby and Andrew said...

Hey lovee, That really is a beautiful picture of you...you are just glowing :) Love you, can't wait to hear what baby number two is going to be!!

Mommy Roth said...

You are so beautiful in this picture! It is funny how your body pops out so soon after your first pregnancy.