Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Selfish Ants


At our house we have what Clint and I call "selfish ants." There is never a line of orderly ants in our house, marching neatly to their home with our food. No matter how clean the counter is, I wake up in the morning to find 3 renegade ants...just chillin. Roaming. Nothing on their backs. Nothing for their family. And when they find something, they don't tell their buddies. They keep it all to themselves. Selfish guys. I can't count the times I've found ONE ant in my sugar....like the photo above taken tonight. ONE ant. What the heck? Or if they do find something really tasty, like a drop of jam on my floor, there will be only 5 ants, gorging themselves secretly, quietly, lest their demanding queen find out about the stash.
"6 Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.
7 Without having any chief, officer, or ruler,
8 she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest." -Proverbs 6:6
Hmmm. Not our ants.

1 comment:

H said...

haha! Our ants are incredibly dumb ants. There will be a huge long line just marching straight past the trash to nothing in particular. I can never find what they are going for and usually something very tasty is nearby and they just leave it.