Monday, October 22, 2007

Mystery...

Currently Clint and I are watching LOST season 2 (thanks so much to the team for bringing out season 1, and to my old roomie Georgia for season 2) Anyways....for those who haven't seen it its kinda freaky with all these mysterious things on the island....but they never really give you any solutions or answers that are very satisfying to all these weird/scary scenarios, so you keep watching in great hope that someday there will be an explanation.

Needless to say the feeling you get after you watch certain episodes is kinda like when you watch a scary movie, and you go into your bathroom, but you don't want to look in the mirror lest some axe murderer appear from nowhere. But the feeling from LOST is more like....uh...kinda creepy where maybe something strange will happen with no apparent answers to make you feel like everything is just fine.

So we had just finished watching an episode, and Clint went off to a deacons meeting. I was all by myself in this huge house (Noah was napping) when I start hearing this REALLY REALLY freaky sound coming from Noah's baby monitor. It sounded like a really broken music box where certain notes are missing, and some are out of tune, singing a song that is unrecognizable along with....... a baby screaming. But the baby screaming was on a "loop" like....it was a recorded scream (like the same sound-bite over and over), intermittently intermixed with the FREAKY sound of a broken music box. So I RUN (I mean RUN) to Noah's room. Nothing. Dead quiet. Noah's sound asleep. I run back to the kitchen to "ding dong ding ding SCREAM ding ding SCREAM" It lasted for a good 10 minutes, and then stopped suddenly. Needless to say, I was very freaked out. Baby monitors haven't been my favorite thing since the movie Signs. And just like in LOST, there is no explanation to this freakyness. It just is. (By the way, it happened again when Clint was home, so he heard it too, I'm not just imagining it!) What the heck?!?!?

Anyone else ever heard anything freaky through a monitor? I'm dying to know!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. (shudder) Do you have any neighbors with babies? Since the monitors are wireless, it's possible for them to pick up the signal from another monitor close by. Still pretty freaky, though.

-Lisa

Amanda said...

That is seriously one of the freakiest things I have ever heard! I was actually going to say the same thing as Lisa. That's the only thing that seems to make sense.

Kim Archer said...

yeah but if it was a neigbor's baby than why would the scream be the same every few seconds with no varience...and why would the music toy be broken and out of tune?

Sara Mallon said...

awwwww. I'm safe and sound at church with no baby monitors in sight, and I still just got freaked out!

H said...

That is extremely freaky. I've totally heard weird things through the baby monitors. If I'm home alone, I don't even use them anymore! I've heard squeaks and clicks and just plain unexplainable noises. Now that I hear your story, I'm tempted to never use a monitor again! That seriously would have freaked me out SO much.

Unknown said...

*gasp* especially after watching LOST... that would be too much!!

Ben and Melissa James said...

That happens all the time...it could also be picking up other frequencys like a two way radio or if a neighbor has a ham radio or police scanner something. We hear our neighbor's baby crying all the time...we even heard our neighbors arguing once...and our houses aren't even that close. After we watched The Ring, I had Ben move the TV out of our bedroom, I couldn't sleep with it in there. Now I never watch scary movies...it's not good for my imagination, although it is a test in trusting God...Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Hayley Hays said...

Wow. You couldn't even make up a story like that! Scary scary! How did you continue going about your normal business? I would be frozen stiff!

Marietjie van Straaten said...

my neigbour could hear my full telephone conversation once, me and the other person on the line. when she changed the channel it was gone!