Random and very superficial thoughts about what is cool about living in South Africa. I've lived here almost 2 years now....its gone by so quickly!
1. SA has long life milk (for you Americans...its milk you can keep unrefrigerated stored in your cupboard...so when you run out of milk you still got it!) Got milk? South Africans always do!
2. The eggs aren't refrigerated...I still haven't figured this one out
3. There are keys to every door in your house (even the livingroom and kitchen doors) and they look like they are from the 1700's
4. Every SAfrican owns a kettle....in LA you usually boil water on a stove, or in the microwave...its really weird
5. When you park your car, there is always someone to help you put your groceries away and back out (really helpful when you're pregnant!)
6. Most houses are very different from one another (no cookie cutter houses) so when you walk into someones house, you get a real feel for what they are like.
7. All the TV series are like 3 seasons behind LA, so if you missed an episode of your favorite show....it'll be on in a couple years time :)
Last Day of Second Grade For Maddie Girl
1 week ago