Wednesday, October 05, 2011

from 2 to 3

I was a little nervous about the transition from 2 to 3 kids, but the Lord has been SO SO good and its really gone super smooth, and even better than I could have imagined. Noah and Autumn REALLY LOVE Jude. Which is something I prayed the whole 9 months every night before they went to sleep, that they would love their brother....and the Lord has answered abundantly.

Autumn gets REALLY excited whenever Jude does anything (opens his eyes, moves his hands, makes a noise) she'll smile, clap her hands and say in her super excited voice "Look mom, he's opening his eyes" and then laugh really loud. She likes covering him in blankets when I feed him, and loves pushing him in his little swing. She keeps saying she wants to teach him how to clap his hands and wave goodbye.

Noah is quite protective and very gentle with him, he'll stroke him softly and say "it's ok" and gets very concerned when he cries. He often wants to get very cozy with him and will give him big hugs every time he sees him.
Granny came to visit and I moved the mattress she slept on in the living room for the kids to jump on, and then after I was done with a feed one day I put Jude down on the mattress so I could go make coffee...and when I came back this is what I saw.....
Jude FAST asleep, and Noah stroking him SO gently on his forehead and arms, and moving his little giraffe in and out of his hands. He looked up at me and said "Mommy I'm falling in love with him, I'm just MAD about him." And then he asked if he could shizzle him every day (our word for giving him little loves). It was one of my favorite mommy moments ever. He laid there for about an hour with Jude just LOVING him, so cute.
We were SO thankful to Granny Anne who came down to look after Noah and Autumn while I was in the hospital. I know how full time that job is :)
Jude's first wakey time play in his cot....
I just love newborn feet
He kept looking to the side at his little cars and helicopters on his bunting...I'm glad he likes it!

1 comment:

H said...

Noah's love and comment about Jude melted MY heart too! I'm so glad that God has answered your prayer so abundantly!