Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning I woke up to these flowers while still in my pj's! Our family has a tradition that if its your birthday or whatever, that presents get given in bed as soon as you wake up! I LOVE this cause it makes you feel like it's a special day all day!

Then we headed off to church...this is on our front doorstep with my two kiddos and the flowers that they gave me.
And Clint made me bagels with cream cheese for lunch. This may not sound very special to you, but it is to me! First of all, Clint doesn't know how to cook, so it was easy for him. AND I LOVE bagels and cream cheese, and there is only one store in all of Durban that sells them, and they are just the plain ones. BUT yesterday I found them at my local supermarket only 5 minutes away, and they are the most awesome ones with even a few fun flavors! So one of my American cravings has been quenched. Yum. Ohh ohh, and I found dried cranberries, another American craving quenched! So yummy. I no longer have to import Crasins :)
I was realizing today how much fun it is being a mom, but how much hard work it is too (both little ones were sick this week!) Even though your kids may not notice it for several years, or maybe never notice it, the Lord always sees your hard work, and as you daily serve your kids, you are actually serving Christ as you glorify him: "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23. So happy mother's day to all you hard working, kid loving moms out there! Keep on serving and loving your kiddos with diligence!

No comments: