Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Starting to understand....

So as a mom of a 22 month old I often wonder how much Noah actually understands of what I tell him in a day. I always read to him or just narrate my day so that he learns things, but often I feel like I'm talking to someone who isn't really listening because he so into the words he can already say. Especially regarding dogs, and balls and cars :) Today was a really encouraging day, cause I just felt like he "got" alot of things today. Like every night before Clint leaves we sit by the door and I tell Noah why daddy is leaving, and that he'll be back soon etc and we wave 'buh bye' to daddy. So tonight I said "Daddy is going to teach Bible study, say buh bye!" And he replied with "dadda, book!" and did the little sign for book (opening your hands like a book). So cute. He knows that the Bible is a book! Then I tucked him into bed and prayed with him, and as I was praying he started saying "God.... God,.....God!" :) And did the intonation of "Amen" at the end. We've previously taught him the answer to "Who made you Noah?" and he says "God!" but this was the first time he said it without the question. It's like he knew I was talking to God! :) So its the first little signs that he's starting to understand a little of what we are teaching him. So fun.

2 comments:

4HMom said...

YES!!! That is SOOOOO sweet. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Archeries! Love reading your blog. Your little one is so adorable. I too have had these moments where you realize their "getting it"! Those are the moments I treasure and realize theres no other place Id rather be than home with my kids. I just wish I knew how to better parent a little girl who is starting to "whine"! Do boys whine?