Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Jesus the Lord my Savior

So today was a public holiday ...and I was planning to go to the botanical gardens with some friends to have "british tea" (its girly, I know) but I woke up...and it was raining. NUTS! I was so sad, but then it became one of those really cool dark rainy days where you stay in your pj's and read and drink like 8 cups of coffee. I've been playing this song all day on my new guitar (Clint, the most amazing husband in the world had Austin T. Duncan bring me out a new Taylor guitar, it sounds so awesome even if you mess up!)

Listen to it here: http://ruf.org/sounds/mp3/JesusTheLordMySavior.mp3 by Sandra McCraken
I love the words: "What'er I need in Jesus dwells, And there it dwells for me."

Jesus, the Lord, My Savior
Jesus, the Lord, my Savior is,
My Shepherd, and my God;
My light, my strength, my joy, my bliss;
And I His grace record.
Whate’er I need in Jesus dwells,
And there it dwells for me;
’Tis Christ my earthen vessel fills
With treasures rich and free.
Chorus: Mercy and truth and righteousness,
And peace, most richly meet
In Jesus Christ, the King of grace,
In Whom I stand complete.
As through the wilderness I roam,
His mercies I’ll proclaim;
And when I safely reach my home,
I’ll still adore His name.
“Worthy the Lamb,” shall be my song,
“For He for me was slain;”
And me with all the heavenly throng
Shall join, and say, “Amen.”

No comments: