Friday, October 21, 2005

Job 23

Every week I go to a bible study for seminary wives. Lisa Hughes was speaking last night on having our confidences in the Lord. She read these verses and they really stuck out to me:

"Behold, I go forward but He is not there, and backward, but I cannot perceive Him; When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right, I cannot see Him. But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside. I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. But He is unique and who can turn Him? And what His soul desires, that He does. For He performs what is appointed for me, and many such decrees are with Him." Job 23
Even when the Lord seems far (Job looks to the left and to the right, and does not see the Lord) He is still there, and sees the way we take. Also He performs what is APPOINTED for ME! This verse shows us so much of the character of God working in our life (what His soul desires HE does, His decrees, He does what is appointed, He knows the way I take, His uniqueness!) But also shows our responsiblity (not departing from His commands, treasuring His word, holding fast to the path of life etc.) It is comforting to know that the Lord is in ultimate control, and that what He has appointed for me is SOOO good! But at the same time I am held responsible for following his decrees, treasuring His word etc. Job is one of my favorite books, but I usually just read the end and the beginning over and over agian. This little treasure is in the middle! I don't know how I missed it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm touched. i didn't know u went to sem wives, clint. jk