Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This year was our first Easter without Clint (he's in Egypt and we miss him like crazy!) But I took some photos of the kids right before we left for church, so here they are Clint, in their Sunday best....




This is Noah's "forced smile"
And this is what Autumn does if you ask her to smile, or change her heart to a happy one. The eyes close first, then comes the smile
Was it only a year ago that Autumn looked like SUCH a baby? She's wearing the same dress, last year it almost came to her toes :)

They are going on an egg hunt later today, but my favorite part of the day was when I was telling the Easter story to Noah and Autumn in the car as we were going to church. I was talking about what they saw when they came to the tomb... and Noah said "the door was open and it was empty cause He's alive!" And I said, well what WAS inside the tomb? And Autumn said "An ANGEL, he said Don't be afraid, he was VERY bright, and scary." --such a big sentence, I didn't know she had been paying attention so much to our story Bible. :) Then Noah said "why does God like everything to be bright in heaven?" And I said "because he LOVES light, and God is light and there is no darkness in Him cause there is no sin in heaven." And then he said "can you pray that WE get resurrected to heaven too?" We usually have the best talks in the car, but that was just a sample, I love how new everything is to children and what they ask!

No comments: